Author Topic: BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*  (Read 174580 times)

Offline Edmund-Paul, The Baron of Ree

• Ennis
Re: BBM Collectors Edition:*To Be Released Jan 23rd 2007*
« Reply #330 on: Jan 15, 2007, 05:10 PM »
I bought a regular DVD player just to play BBM. I call it my BBM player. I still only have the one DVD. Are there other films?  ;)
Learn from Brokeback Mountain. Make the most of your life & love from now on.
Because if you can fix it - you don't have to stand it.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #331 on: Jan 15, 2007, 05:33 PM »
Please Brokies, could we stick to the scheduled programm?   ::)
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2007, 05:44 PM by chameau »
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

• Ennis
« Reply #332 on: Jan 16, 2007, 01:29 PM »
 ~)

I had one of my LeShawn attacks again!  ;D

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #333 on: Jan 16, 2007, 03:28 PM »
HOw many of you have pre-ordered the DVD as opposed to picking it up at your local retail store?

Offline JT

• Jack + Ennis
  • Brokeback? Mountain? My home this is!
« Reply #334 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:03 PM »
HOw many of you have pre-ordered the DVD as opposed to picking it up at your local retail store?

I usually wait til it's out in stores to buy it.  Hope they have it and it's not sold out.  One more week!

Offline City Slickin' Cowboy

• BBM Addict for Life.
  • Jack + Ennis
  • It's A BBM Love Affair
« Reply #335 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:19 PM »
If this new version contains deleted scenes I will definitely buy it.
A reminder Brokies...there is no known cure for PBS.  It's merely managed.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #336 on: Jan 16, 2007, 08:49 PM »

I would normally pre-order to ensure that I have it but in this case I am waiting. I'm not buying it unless it has the deleted scenes and since we're not 100% certain what this edition contains I'll have to check it out for myself. <though I'll probably stand there with it in my hands and end up taking it home anyway ;D  ::)>
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline BBM Fan

• Ennis
« Reply #337 on: Jan 16, 2007, 09:32 PM »
How many of you have pre-ordered the DVD as opposed to picking it up at your local retail store?

I don't usually buy DVDs - wait for HBO, but I pre-ordered this one.  I taped it, but want all the extras.  I think if there are going to be any deleted scenes, it will be on the Collectors' DVD  - I paid a little more, but got mine from amazon.com.  I also bought the ss and a book of the BBM music for piano.

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #338 on: Jan 16, 2007, 09:34 PM »
I don't usually buy DVDs - wait for HBO, but I pre-ordered this one.  I taped it, but want all the extras.  I think if there are going to be any deleted scenes, it will be on the Collectors' DVD  - I paid a little more, but got mine from amazon.com.  I also bought the ss and a book of the BBM music for piano.

You will love the ss I hope. I wish I had studied harder at the piano when I had the chance.  :\'( I would love to be able to play the music.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline BBM Fan

• Ennis
« Reply #339 on: Jan 16, 2007, 09:44 PM »
You will love the ss I hope. I wish I had studied harder at the piano when I had the chance.  :\'( I would love to be able to play the music.

Thanks BBBOY -  *o)  I got the ss yesterday and started reading it last night at midnight - it got to be too late, so I only got 1/2 way through.  It does clear up a lot of things & it's so hard to believe this wonderful movie came out of just 30+ pages!  The piano music - I took for 6 years as a kid, but don't play much now.  I wasn't able to see inside the book, so hope I can play it.  Need to dust off my piano.  But you should be able to pick it up, depending on how long you took.

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #340 on: Jan 16, 2007, 09:55 PM »
Thanks BBBOY -  *o)  I got the ss yesterday and started reading it last night at midnight - it got to be too late, so I only got 1/2 way through.  It does clear up a lot of things & it's so hard to believe this wonderful movie came out of just 30+ pages!  The piano music - I took for 6 years as a kid, but don't play much now.  I wasn't able to see inside the book, so hope I can play it.  Need to dust off my piano.  But you should be able to pick it up, depending on how long you took.

Couldn't play a note if my life depended on it. It was over 40 years ago!  :8 Playing a piano is not exactly like riding a bike, which I can still do.  :8
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline jgyllenhaal

• Cassie
« Reply #341 on: Jan 16, 2007, 11:20 PM »
Here is an early review of the new 2 disc collectors edition

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=26091

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #342 on: Jan 16, 2007, 11:26 PM »
Thanks for the link  :)

So basically aside from the postcards I guess it's not worth it.  :-\\ I really want the postcards but do I need another copy of the movie just to get them  :s)
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline carbyville

• Huh?
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #343 on: Jan 16, 2007, 11:32 PM »
Looks like I'll be utilizing that petition  ^^)

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #344 on: Jan 16, 2007, 11:35 PM »
Go get 'em Carby  O0

Offline BBM Fan

• Ennis
« Reply #345 on: Jan 16, 2007, 11:56 PM »
Here is an early review of the new 2 disc collectors edition

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=26091

thanks for the link.  I don't have the original DVD so this will be perfect for me.  But no deleted scenes. :\'(

Offline dirtbiker

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #346 on: Jan 17, 2007, 12:11 AM »
yea what a disappointment!  I wonder if the person on DVDTALK had a copy of the actual DVD or he was just going on what is written on the Universal site.  I still need to see it in person to see if deleted scenes are included, but I have a feeling that it won't be..  ^*)

Offline ethan

• Administrator
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #347 on: Jan 17, 2007, 04:45 AM »
If this new version contains deleted scenes I will definitely buy it.

As much as I like to support BBM, I will do the same if it's got the deleted scenes. If it is not in this edition, I guess we will have to wait.
Remembering Pierre (chameau) 1960-2015, a "Capricorn bro and crazy Frog Uncle from the North Pole." You are missed

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #348 on: Jan 17, 2007, 05:15 AM »
I'm the same - I'm only buying it if it's got deleted scenes. Not that it's being released in Region 2 anyway :-\\
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline tizi17

• Jack + Ennis
  • I love you Ennis, always did and always will..
« Reply #349 on: Jan 17, 2007, 05:23 AM »
I'm the same - I'm only buying it if it's got deleted scenes. Not that it's being released in Region 2 anyway :-\\

no?? we can't have it? what sh... is this? will it ever come to 2?
".. a love that dare not speak its name.." oscar wilde

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #350 on: Jan 17, 2007, 09:20 AM »
Well, not according to play.com and amazon.co.uk anyway. We can order it in Region 1, but that's obviously only ok if you've got a multi region DVD player. I'm getting a new DVD player next week and I don't know if it's going to be multi region or not....
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline boo_boo

• Jack + Ennis
  • Never enough lip & tongue, never enough.
« Reply #351 on: Jan 17, 2007, 09:34 AM »
Thanks for the link  :)

So basically aside from the postcards I guess it's not worth it.  :-\\ I really want the postcards but do I need another copy of the movie just to get them  :s)

I want the postcards too.  I guess I'll go ahead & buy it just to have another copy of the DVD since I'm wearing my first one out pretty fast.

I'm really disappointed about not getting any deleted scenes. :(
“Ennis, on a good day it’s hard to understand ya…but when you’re talkin into my ass…I really got no idea what the f*ck you’re saying.” - Missing Motel Moments by haunted_by_bbm

Offline Del Mar Twist

• You Know It Could Be Like This, Just Like This, Always.
  • Ennis
  • Ennis Del Mar & Jack Twist
« Reply #352 on: Jan 17, 2007, 11:21 AM »
It sounds like the reviewer actually had the DVD, because they describe it in detail.

Ang Lee said in an interview that there will be no Deleted Scenes, because he deleted them for a reason, they don't add to the film. That's also why this isn't titled the "Director's Cut" because Ang said the movie is the Director's Cut, it is how he wanted it to be. So I think the lack of deleted scenes are because Ang Lee didn't want them on it.

I will buy the movie for two reasons...

1.) I want those postcards

2.) To support the movie, and perhaps, hopeflly one day a version with the deleted scenes.

Carby, I would whip out the petition now, then wait until the 23rd, and if there are in fact no deleted scenes (Which I believe there won't be) send it to them.

I also think if we really want to get the deleted scenes, a petition is a nice visable way to show online that the fans want the deleted scenes, but most of the time online campaigns don't work all that well. If the fans really want to grab their attention they need to start an offline campaign as well. They can do this by sending in loads of letters. Send in something related to the film, like Postcards, because online campains can be ignored. Most e-mails are filtered out by S.P.A.M. programs, but snail mail is not. And you need to think big, like Miracle on 34th St big. If they get enough of a demand they will respond. 

Jack : Four Years. Damn!

Ennis: Yeah, Four Years.

Brokeback Mountain Where Bluebirds Sing And There's A Whiskey Spring

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #353 on: Jan 17, 2007, 12:21 PM »
That's a good idea to slam them with letters or postcards.  :)

• Ennis
« Reply #354 on: Jan 17, 2007, 01:32 PM »
If they get enough of a demand they will respond. 

So we need to make a big noise and keep the big noise going:

^^) A cross -forum campaign including Bettermost and Dave Cullen
 ^^) Adresses to snail-mail to
 ^^) Websites for this issue and this alone
 ^^) You-tube film campaigns
 ^^) Media apperences by people who are comfortable talking about BBM in front of cameras and micropnones
 ^^) Stunts - spending a night in a tent in central park, hanging cowboy hats from public places etc

Offline Del Mar Twist

• Ennis
« Reply #355 on: Jan 17, 2007, 05:54 PM »
So we need to make a big noise and keep the big noise going:

^^) A cross -forum campaign including Bettermost and Dave Cullen
 ^^) Adresses to snail-mail to
 ^^) Websites for this issue and this alone
 ^^) You-tube film campaigns
 ^^) Media apperences by people who are comfortable talking about BBM in front of cameras and micropnones
 ^^) Stunts - spending a night in a tent in central park, hanging cowboy hats from public places etc

I would leave out the media and stunts part, but the rest is perfect.

That's a good idea to slam them with letters or postcards.  :)

Thanks. The Postcards and letters combined will be very effective. Most successful campaigns are those that connect with the movie, or TV Show.

horo04

« Reply #356 on: Jan 17, 2007, 11:03 PM »
Well I guess I'll pick it up...just wish they would've released this in the 1st place!  As for deleted scenes I've seen in advertisements that there are deleted scenes...but that review I read said there wasn't.  Not sure what to expect.  I'll buy it just for the collector value. :-\\

Offline Del Mar Twist

• Ennis
« Reply #357 on: Jan 18, 2007, 08:34 AM »
Universal is the company that is releasing the DVD. So everyone should go to their official website, go to Contact Us, and send them an E-Mail.

Make sure Brokeback Mountain, or even better Brokeback Mountain Collector's Edition is in the subject line.

Let them know that you are a fan of Brokeback Mountain.

Let them know that you have friends, a community of friends that are also friends of Brokeback Mountain.

Let them know that you and your friends are the target audience of their movies.

Let them know that you already own the Full, and/or the Widescreen Version of the movie, and plan on buying this version also.

Ask about the deleted scenes on the Collector's Edition.

Tell them that you and your friends will support (buy) a further release with the Deleted Scenes.

Make sure your E-Mail's aren't threatning, but that they convey that the fans of the film want, and will buy/support the release of DVD that contains the Deleted Scenes.

• Ennis
« Reply #358 on: Jan 18, 2007, 02:35 PM »

Make sure your E-Mail's aren't threatning, but that they convey that the fans of the film want, and will buy/support the release of DVD that contains the Deleted Scenes.

Exactly. We must keep this polite.

The thing boils down to money. It the studio gets the message that there is a dedicated fan base clammoring for a DVD of deleted scenes and that they stand to make even more money on BMM, they may well go ahead whatever Ang wishes. He produced it but does not own the rights - the studio does.

Offline Del Mar Twist

• Ennis
« Reply #359 on: Jan 18, 2007, 03:16 PM »
Well I sent an E-Mail yesterday, and I got a less then encouraging response just now.

Subject: RE: Brokeback Mountain Collector - Deleted Scenes?  Inquiry # 63732
Date: Thursday, January 18, 2007 3:01 PM

Dear Jay,

Thank you for contacting Universal Studios Home Entertainment.  We strive to provide the highest standard in product quality and customer care.

Please visit our website at http://www.universalstudioshomeentertainment.com for details on our upcoming "Brokeback Mountain" Collector's Edition DVD release.

We appreciate your interest and hope that you will continue to enjoy our releases.

Sincerely,

Universal Studios Home Entertainment

Looks like there isn't any Deleted Scenes on the Collector's Edition DVD  ^^)