Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1736735 times)

Offline Tony

• Jack
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #2310 on: Feb 24, 2008, 03:34 PM »
    Dear Michelle---I know pretty much how you feel....this is a hurting that just doesn't want to heal up.  For me, it isn't just the sudden death
(ouch---that word), but the information that came pouring out, before it was squashed, that absolutely confirmed what I had seen in Heath,
that there was more to him, and he was capable of suffering deeply.  That made it all worse---knowing the Heath I supposed was there, past
the movies and the studio photos....was there.  So much more to him, and yet he felt he had to be what others wanted him to be...happy-go-
lucky, never a downer, always cheerful.  Hell, what are true friends for, if they can't let you weep and bleed a little when you hurt?
   I've tried anger, I've tried depression, I've tried making fun of myself....but it always comes back to that same old hurting, that he hid his
depression, his fears, even the pnuemonia, when he shouldn't have.  Well, maybe he didn't.  Maybe he tried the only way he knew how, to
signal, rather than say in words---I'm just like the rest of you, and I'm not doing so well, lately. 
  I wish I could have been there, in Washington Park, where he would end up, at dawn, to play chess, after walking alone, troubled with the
thoughts that show up in that awful painting (itself a signal, maybe, of what he could not say).  Only I don't play chess.  And I wouldn't have
been able to fully understand, or help.
  One thing is certain---like you, like carbyville, like jessi,.....I'm not going for it.  He doesn't get packed away in a box for memories.  I'm able
to keep on saying, it was wrong, I miss him, and if that hurts....well, it just hurts, that's all.  Ain't like we're strangers to that.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #2311 on: Feb 24, 2008, 03:59 PM »
The fact that we as his fans didn't know certain things does not mean that he hasn't talked to his friends about it. You can hardly expect of him to tell the media what's bothering him, but who says he hid things from his friends? why assume that he was lonely? I see no reason to think that.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #2312 on: Feb 24, 2008, 04:33 PM »
Michelle and Kristin - I hardly know what to say. Your posts have upset me so much - thinking about you both feeling this is the end of something. Maybe it's because for me, it's had the opposite effect: I watched BBM again and it felt almost like the first time. Then, I was discovering something - someone - new, Heath's incredibly portrayal capturing my heart completely, making me thirst for knowledge of him and search for others who felt the same way about an amazing actor and an incredible movie. Now I find that I'm clinging on even more strongly because that's it - Brokeback is the connection to the man and that will never be broken, despite his passing. I want to discuss the movie more than I have for months, I want to look at photos because they keep him alive in my mind and heart and I want to read fics because I still see Heath when I read about Ennis.

I know we're all different...but I wish there was something I could do or say to help you come back to us. I don't want to lose this community, and it breaks my heart to think of some of us coming down the mountain early :\'(
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2313 on: Feb 24, 2008, 04:52 PM »
Michelle and Kristin - I hardly know what to say. Your posts have upset me so much - thinking about you both feeling this is the end of something. Maybe it's because for me, it's had the opposite effect: I watched BBM again and it felt almost like the first time. Then, I was discovering something - someone - new, Heath's incredibly portrayal capturing my heart completely, making me thirst for knowledge of him and search for others who felt the same way about an amazing actor and an incredible movie. Now I find that I'm clinging on even more strongly because that's it - Brokeback is the connection to the man and that will never be broken, despite his passing. I want to discuss the movie more than I have for months, I want to look at photos because they keep him alive in my mind and heart and I want to read fics because I still see Heath when I read about Ennis.

I know we're all different...but I wish there was something I could do or say to help you come back to us. I don't want to lose this community, and it breaks my heart to think of some of us coming down the mountain early :\'(

i totally agree with every word you said. yes it is awful that heath died so young and nothing can ever make it right again but leaving the forum would just be the first step in working towards forgetting heath. heath may be gone but he still lives inside us and im sure he is watching us all right now i know what i say probably wont change anyones mind about leaving i just urge you to think it through first. weve lost heath we dont need to lose forum or should i say family members

Offline megalyn08

• Jack
  • "I love you until the end of time"
« Reply #2314 on: Feb 24, 2008, 05:17 PM »
welcome to the forum magelyn :)

:t) Thank you, Zankou, I am pleased to meet you too.  :h)
Megalyn08
You know, it could be like this, just like this, always.

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2315 on: Feb 24, 2008, 05:28 PM »
:t) Thank you, Zankou, I am pleased to meet you too.  :h)
Megalyn08

no problem i only joined a week ago myself and already feel like part of the family im sure you will begin to aswell :)

Offline megalyn08

• Jack
« Reply #2316 on: Feb 24, 2008, 05:47 PM »
Hello Magalyn  :)

Your post was beautiful  :\'(

To this day, I can't seem to grasp that he is finally gone and every time I watch movies I feel that he's still with us, smiling, enjoying his life with his family and espically with his daughter
I think that's what gets me the most, he HAD something to live for and he didn't mean to leave us
It was just an accident..accident? A hard word to swallow
Yes, he was our friend, not in person, but in all of our hearts
A man who embaced life and loved everyone he was with
I'm thankful as well for all he gave us
He will never be forgotton, I know this as well

Thank you Megalyn for your post and I hope you'll become a permanant part of our BBM family

Lis

Hello Lil!  :h) Thank you for replying me.  :t) Yes, I really wish to become a permanent part of BBM family, thank you.  :)
I perfect understand what you mean. I watch movies or videos on "you tube" and for a moment I forget what has happened. But then, when the movie or the video finishes, I remember and become sad.  :\'(
You're right, he had so much to live for and I'm sure he has never meant to leave forever.
He wanted to stay with his family, his friends, and see his daughter grow up.
What a tragic accident  (yes, very hard word to swallow), what a terrible loss for us all! Of course he will never be forgotten.
I think now he's the guardian angel for all those he loved, especially little sweet Matilda. <^(

Love from Megalyn08

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2317 on: Feb 24, 2008, 06:04 PM »
Hello Lil!  :h) Thank you for replying me.  :t) Yes, I really wish to become a permanent part of BBM family, thank you.  :)
I perfect understand what you mean. I watch movies or videos on "you tube" and for a moment I forget what has happened. But then, when the movie or the video finishes, I remember and become sad.  :\'(
You're right, he had so much to live for and I'm sure he has never meant to leave forever.
He wanted to stay with his family, his friends, and see his daughter grow up.
What a tragic accident  (yes, very hard word to swallow), what a terrible loss for us all! Of course he will never be forgotten.
I think now he's the guardian angel for all those he loved, especially little sweet Matilda. <^(

Love from Megalyn08

i can already tell your gonna fit in great here megalyn your words are so beautiful :)

Offline guyinjax

• musician
  • Lureen
  • Ennis Del Mar is my hero
« Reply #2318 on: Feb 24, 2008, 06:04 PM »
The countdown is underway...

What will the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences have to say about Heath Ledger?
How will the AMPAS honor Mr. Ledger's amazing talent, and the vacuum caused by his death?
How will the AMPAS acknowledge Mr. Ledger's definitive performance as Ennis del Mar in Brokeback Mountain?
... a posthumously presented BEST ACTOR award is the only possible correction...

... these are the questions for which I await answers.

Score Card:
Memorial:
Honor:
Brokeback:

Be well, all....  I'm so proud to part of this family.

S in FreakShow (Jacksonville) Florida

Ennis Del Mar is my hero!

babytammy7

« Reply #2319 on: Feb 24, 2008, 06:27 PM »
I was going to post some of the following yesterday but it put me back into a very dark place, so much so that all of my BBM stuff is now sitting in a box- I packed it all away because I couldn't stand to look at it anymore.

I was wondering if anyone else is stuck in the in-between place. I guess I’m feeling lost, if that’s the right word, sort of like a sheep that’s gotten separated from the flock. And I can't seem to transition back to life before 1/22- everything is upside down and inside out. I know it won't ever be the same again but Iguess I'm trying to find that new "normal". I always said it would take something big to shake me back down to “reality” again but I never expected nor wanted this. Then I started wondering if this was some kind of "sign"- to come down off the mountain-you know the bad storm from the pacific rolling in. Our paradise lost? I don't mean to turn his death into some kind of mission statement or whatever and of the day- he died. We will all die. There doesn't have to be a bigger reason behind it all- that's just life but yet it feels like there should be some reason behind it. Because it's senseless, untimely, tragic, heart-breaking and I guess in order to try and make some sense of it I need to grasp at straws or something. I guess I'm feeling a sense of "it's only fun until someone gets hurt" and then the “game” is over.

I kept thinking of AP's words- "the imagined power of BBM". But could it have been imaginary? No. There is no way that "power" wasn't real. And yet, I just can’t seem to get back to “normal”- J/E seem like strangers- I saw a vid with the reunion kiss in it and I had no reaction to it, tried to look at Jake pics last week, you know dipping a toe in, and it may as well have been a blank screen, no reaction; I have no interest in my fan fics. Friday night I went into the meets threads and looked at the three NY ones I was a part of in October and November. I guess trying to remember why I’m here, the really good times etc. And yeah I smiled and kind of felt good. But then it started to remind me of my last trip to NY and how everything just crashed down. There was that sharp contrast between the first three meets- the high, the euphoria, the love- just brokies being brokies and then how the January trip was such a harsh, horrible reality that I still can't find the words to describe it-everything changed for me then.

I guess I’m just at odds with myself in the sense that I know nothing will ever be the same again and the reason behind it is too heartbreaking to put into words. We’ve lost someone we love; someone who we didn't have the privelege to really know but who meant a great deal to us regardless. His poor parents had the unimaginable task of burying their child-something I hope to never experience and a little girl will grow up never really knowing her Daddy. I know it happens everyday in the world but not in my world and I guess I just don’t know how to reconcile it. I guess I should stop because this is turning into another non-sensical ramble.

Michelle, my sweet Michelle, that's so sad baby. I've cried a lot reading this. For me you've always been the perfect true brokie. Your devotion and love for BBM have been overwhelming and utterly beautiful these two last years. So please, don't say to me that the dream is over. First we lost Jack, then Heath, now you want come down off the mountain..... :\'(  :\'( What will be the next? Brokies leaving this wonderful place, my home? Ennis and Jack being forgotten? I can't believe that our boys seem like strangers to you. No way, no way!! You're the only person that I know that always cries when she reads something about Jack, the one who was writing that delicious stuff about a king size bed, the one who had always precious words for our boys, for every fault and mistake they had, the brokie that always is there, supporting, understanding, loving.

I can’t even write this. It hurts so much to see you in such a pain. I wish with all my strength to have nice words to tell you, to make you feel a little bit better, but the truth is I don’t know what to do. I understand your sadness so well but I can’t help to be selfish. Don’t leave us alone here Michelle, ‘cause if you give up I’ll feel this place like if there were no any brokie here.

There was a time when I had all my BBM stuff in a box, remember that? I told you my story in a PM after my post in the PBS thread. World, life didn’t make sense to me. But then, one day I met people like me and the sun started to shine again. That was the day I came to this forum. I opened that BBM box and started to live again. So please give yourself time, put your things in a box if you want, hide yourself in an old tent in the most dark place of the mountain, cry rivers ‘cause you need it, but never, never, never come down off the mountain, ‘cause Ennis and Jack taught us not to make the same mistake as them, ‘cause Heath deserve more than that, sweetie. They were so brave, Jack with all those damn broken dreams, Ennis with a life full of regret in from of him, and Heath, so tired, so sick, but so in love with life, wanting go on, wanting to life in that mountain made of dreams and love the rest of his life. Now it’s our turn to be brave, to stand for everything we love. You can’t leave behind the thing that made you understand your previous life (remember that letter to Annie?), the treasure that cured you heart like no other medicine did. Like Heath, you deserve more than that.

I know it’s going to be real hard. Heath was a human being irreplaceable, but so you are, and Heath and the rest of the brokies don’t want you to loose you life in that rough sea of sadness. Time heals everything. Still it doesn’t seem to work for me, but I have faith, and some day, some day…You will see.

All of us love you more than you believe. I can’t stand the idea of you being so shattered. You know when people die, they keep leaving in the hearts of those who loved them, so if you keep living with a smile in your face, Heath keeps smiling too. You recognize love in the facts of those who love, so don’t let the pain and sadness speaks in the name of your love for Heath, ‘cause love, true love is stronger than death, and all the love Heath gave when he was alive never will dies, and that is a thing to celebrate, not a thing to hide in a box with every beautiful thing that made you smile just once month ago. Michelle, let’s bury that beloved body, but please let’s save all the beauty and all those marvellous things he gave us to treasure in our hearts. BBM was one of them, the most precious thing. In time, I know, that old cold time in the mountain will cure your soul, ‘cause one day, long time ago, that same mountain cured millions of hearts, when all that people thought they were alone with they suffering in the world.

I’ll be there waiting for you.
« Last Edit: Feb 24, 2008, 06:40 PM by Baby Tammy »

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2320 on: Feb 24, 2008, 06:31 PM »
Michelle, my sweet Michelle, that's so sad baby. I've cried a lot reading this. For me you've always been the perfect true brokie. Your devotion and love for BBM have been overwhelming and utterly beautiful these two last years. So please, don't say to me that the dream is over. First we lost Jack, then Heath, now you want come down off the mountain..... :\'(  :\'( What will be the next? Brokies leaving this wonderful place, my home? Ennis and Jack being forgotten? I can't believe that our boys seem like strangers to you. No way, no way!! You're the only person that I know that always cries when she reads something about Jack, the one who was writing that delicious stuff about a king size bed, the one who had always precious words for our boys, for every fault and mistake they had, the brokie that always is there, supporting, understanding, loving.

I can’t even write this. It hurts so much to see you in such a pain. I wish with all my strength to have nice words to tell you, to make you feel a little bit better, but the truth is I don’t know what to do. I understand your sadness so well but I can’t help to be selfish. Don’t leave us alone here Michelle, ‘cause if you give up I’ll feel this place like if there were no any brokie here.

There was a time when I had all my BBM stuff in a box, remember that? I told you my story in a PM after my post in the PBS thread. World, life didn’t make sense to me. But then, one day I met people like me and the sun started to shine again. That was the day I came to this forum. I opened that BBM box and started to live again. So please give yourself time, put your things in a box if you want, hide yourself in an old tent in the most dark place of the mountain, cry rivers ‘cause you need it, but never, never, never come down off the mountain, ‘cause Ennis and Jack taught us not to make the same mistake as them, ‘cause Heath deserve more than that, sweetie. They were so brave, Jack with all those damn broken dreams, Ennis with a life full of regret in from of him, and Heath, so tired, so sick, but so in love with life, wanting go on, wanting to life in that mountain made of dreams and love the rest of his life. Now it’s our turn to be brave, to stand for everything we love. You can’t leave behind the thing that made you understand your previous life, the treasure that cured you heart like no other medicine did. Like Heath, you deserve more than that.

I know it’s going to be real hard. Heath was a human being irreplaceable, but so you are, and Heath and the rest of the brokies don’t want you to loose you life in that rough sea of sadness. Time heals everything. Still it doesn’t seem to work for me, but I have faith, and some day, some day…You will see.

All of us love you more than you believe. I can’t stand the idea of you being so shattered. You know when people die, they keep leaving in the hearts of those who loved them, so if you keep living with a smile in your face, Heath keeps smiling too. You recognize love in the facts of those who love, so don’t let the pain and sadness speaks in the name of your love for Heath, ‘cause love, true love is stronger than death, and all the love Heath gave when he was alive never will dies, and that is a thing to celebrate, not a thing to hide in a box with every beautiful thing that made you smile just once month ago. Michelle, let’s bury that beloved body, but please let’s save all the beauty and all those marvellous things he gave us to treasure in our hearts. BBM was one of them, the most precious thing. In time, I know, that old cold time in the mountain will cure your soul, ‘cause one day, long time ago, that same mountain cured millions of hearts, when all that people thought they were alone with they suffering in the world.

I’ll be there waiting for you.

tammy that was seriously beautiful i actually even shed a couple of tears and that hasnt happened ina long time and ive said it before i reinforce what tammy is saying please dont leave this haven for brokies and even more importantly please dont forget about the characters of the film or heath

Offline megalyn08

• Jack
« Reply #2321 on: Feb 24, 2008, 06:43 PM »
i can already tell your gonna fit in great here megalyn your words are so beautiful :)

Thank you again Zankou  :t)  :)
So you joined just a few days ago, like me. Well,  #$# then. Megalyn08

Offline megalyn08

• Jack
« Reply #2322 on: Feb 24, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Your message touched me deeply, thank you Megalyn. it eases the pain of losing him somehow.

Hello White Angel,  :)
I'm glad that my message has helped you in some way. I perfectly understand you, the pain you feel is the same I feel.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(

Love from Megalyn08

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #2323 on: Feb 24, 2008, 07:12 PM »
NoReins, I am with you 100%. And last night, after watch A Knight's Tale, I watched the deleted scenes. In one of them, William Thatcher (Heath) talked to his pals about the emblem that they should choose for his knight, Sir Oric. The way he described the phoenix, rising from the ashes, where his ending is his beginning, made me realize that's what Heath felt about death. It was a new beginning for him, not the end. So like you said, every time I watch the Movie, and movies of Heath, I am discovering some one new. Heath is so deep, that to understand him fully, would take years, as he said in an interview. I hope everyone here will stick around, but I also understand what it means to be in pain. No platitude or sympathy would change it. And as you said, NoReins, everyone is different so everyone must deal with the pain their own way.

And each member here will be missed when absent.

:ghug:

Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline megalyn08

• Jack
« Reply #2324 on: Feb 24, 2008, 08:36 PM »
This is so beautiful...and welcome to you, megalyn.  he was a friend of ours...

It was yesterday for me, Tuesday around noon, four weeks ago, just a random moment at work when one of my co-workers buzzed me and told me.  Just a Tuesday, just a random time, a random person telling me...and after that, nothing is quite the same...

kathy

Kathy - Your message touched me so deeply.  :\'(
            For me too nothing is quite the same, I terribly miss him.
            So, is there something else we can do for him? Yes, we can remember his beautiful, extraordinary smile.
            Next time you smile, do it for him too, because he loved this life and sure he would like to be still here
            and see his little girl grow up and smile, smile, smile.

Love from Megalyn08 :ghug:

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #2325 on: Feb 24, 2008, 08:47 PM »
   Dear Keren----I did not see your post until much later, where you found what I had said about Heath being lonely, unlikely.  Keren, am
between a rock and a hard place on supporting that one word.
   There were network reports, the first 48 hours, credible because they gave their sources, that were squashed along with the trashy junk
from the garbage media.  At least one photo, on another forum, supports the stories of the all night walks and the condition he was in, and
it does not meet the guidelines of this forum.
   I am increasingly isolated from everyone else in that I have continued to stumble across information that is very painful and yet should not be
repeated here.  The only solution is for me to not re-open wounds, to be more careful what I say, and to leave it to the first legitimate
biography to cover.  It's difficult enough for us to try to heal as things are, and I fully understand I should leave off from making things worse.
   I believe those reports will re-surface, and a solid biography will cover those last months, and so will let that one word stand.  But your
questioning it was very reasonable, and that should stand, too.  I doubt that makes any sense, but it's my understanding, in time, it will.

Offline jessi

• Jack
  • Till sunrise runs out of paint, even after...
« Reply #2326 on: Feb 24, 2008, 09:33 PM »
  Dear Keren----I did not see your post until much later, where you found what I had said about Heath being lonely, unlikely.  Keren, am
between a rock and a hard place on supporting that one word.
   There were network reports, the first 48 hours, credible because they gave their sources, that were squashed along with the trashy junk
from the garbage media.  At least one photo, on another forum, supports the stories of the all night walks and the condition he was in, and
it does not meet the guidelines of this forum.
   I am increasingly isolated from everyone else in that I have continued to stumble across information that is very painful and yet should not be
repeated here.  The only solution is for me to not re-open wounds, to be more careful what I say, and to leave it to the first legitimate
biography to cover.  It's difficult enough for us to try to heal as things are, and I fully understand I should leave off from making things worse.
   I believe those reports will re-surface, and a solid biography will cover those last months, and so will let that one word stand.  But your
questioning it was very reasonable, and that should stand, too.  I doubt that makes any sense, but it's my understanding, in time, it will.

Please forgive me but I can't just let this go by.  What were those credible sources that said Heath was lonely beyond normal limits.  Who said he took these all night lonely walks? Of course he had pain, and joy and all to live for.  These reports are what, who...his family or close friends.  Friends don't do that to their friends.  A walk or a picture, reports, opinions, I tell you what, when the media is so starved, skinny desperate making up as fast as they can, begging, trying to get anyone to say something...anything...they'll take any crumb, from any trash bin they can get.    Aren't you sick of it all, the reports, the crumbs the maybes, how about the tribute, his family and friends and those who worked with him, who knew who he was not from movies or interviews or what we can squeeze out, but those in his world.  Those who knew him are touched, I've never seen more love and respect. And they seem to think it was a tragic accident.
I'm like one tiny insignificant star,
where your wonder shines on.

No thunder, not a storm
just rain, soft as tears wetting a cheek,
wiped with the ground. Mountain, heart stomped,
moans.

Offline chameau

• Jack + Ennis
  • Miss ya little darlin'
« Reply #2327 on: Feb 24, 2008, 09:42 PM »
I'm with you on this one Jessi... We (it's the moderator speaking here) have been asking the members to avoid assumptions and gossip as a loss of time and energy.  Please pay respect to Heath, his family, friends & fans and avoid this... kind of discussions :-X (I better shut up).  I (as myself) ask you guys to avoid this kind of discussions... It doesn't lead anywhere and just hurt more many of us, huh?

Thanks Jessi for your post.  ^f^
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2008, 12:49 AM by chameau »
La dictature c'est ''ferme ta geule'', la démocratie c'est ''cause toujours''
 Jean-Louis Barrault

Offline lancecowboy

• Jack + Ennis
  • free to be, Always
« Reply #2328 on: Feb 24, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Please forgive me but I can't just let this go by.  What were those credible sources that said Heath was lonely beyond normal limits.  Who said he took these all night lonely walks? Of course he had pain, and joy and all to live for.  These reports are what, who...his family or close friends.  Friends don't do that to their friends.  A walk or a picture, reports, opinions, I tell you what, when the media is so starved, skinny desperate making up as fast as they can, begging, trying to get anyone to say something...anything...they'll take any crumb, from any trash bin they can get.    Aren't you sick of it all, the reports, the crumbs the maybes, how about the tribute, his family and friends and those who worked with him, who knew who he was not from movies or interviews or what we can squeeze out, but those in his world.  Those who knew him are touched, I've never seen more love and respect. And they seem to think it was a tragic accident.

Speaking as a new member without any hats, I'd like to say that in situations such as this, I think, it is important to understand and respect the other person's point of view.

I understand Tony's desire to find the truth surrounding Heath's life, especially the last couple days.

I understand everyone's desire to respect Heath's memory, and the privacy of his family and friends.

I agree 100% that any information, speculation, hypothesis, theory, MUST be supported by incontrovertible evidence before repeated anywhere. Part of the problem of today's media is that they repeat after each other. When one source says something, the other ones repeat it as if it is true, without verifying its veracity. It is how rumors and gossip begin.

I also agree with Tony that there is evidence sufficient to point to something not quite right. We don't know what is wrong, and we should NOT speculate on what went wrong, until the truth comes out, as Tony said, when the first real biography comes out.

Until then, I hope everyone understands that we all love Heath, we all grieve for him, and we all understand the pain that is inflicted on his friends and family by the media. We don't need to add more of it ourselves, and to each other.

I think I speak for everyone that we are here to help support one another, not make each other  more miserable.

I applaud the moderators for doing a wonderful job.

I applaud everyone's posts, inspired by their love for Heath.

I applaud the man, born of the same cloth as us, but more noble than knight or prince of noble blood. (sorry, that was A Knight's Tale slipping in. A great movie of depth and insights, no matter what the critics say.)

If I may quote Heath, "Be Happy, Peace...". Thanks again, Keren_b, you posting Heath's message has been a valuable to me.

Heath, you are loved, like this, always.

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #2329 on: Feb 25, 2008, 01:34 AM »
With Heath's loving memory , I am sharing this story  of How did I know about the actor?
We had a VHS tapes rental that time way back in 1991 - 2004.
 I was not tending the shoppe personally  not  till in 2000... of course I had to take good care of all those tapes in the boxes. wipes dust and put them back on their racks and index files.

My focus was Mel Gibson  for his performance in The Patriot.. well. I see a good looking guy besides Mel..  ( the young Heath Ledger)
Hundreds were renting the tapes but fortunately we have only 8 copies aside from the original tape.
I had to persuade the rentees ( new word to add. )  to send it  back as soon as they view the movie.
 We have more than a thousand members in our community for a good looking fellow in the movie 10  Things I Hate About You.
  In the Philippines.. they do not mind the movie itself. all they want is to see the actor especially if  he has the good features just good to their bite.
I continue to sell ( rent ) the tapes.. and the good thing in here is.. as long as the movie attracts them.. they don't care! Cassanova.. Monster Ball. Brothers Grimm.. The Order.... they  came in CD's but we copy them ( pirating is not allowed so we closed the shop eventually). But before it happened.. I see the movies myself..I like Heath in The Patriot.. his song in 10 Things...., his good looks in Cassanova and so on.

Brokeback Mountain is an epic of love I almost lose to see. I discover myself falling for Heath and of course  the soulful eyes of Jake.
People I know started to ask me if he was the boy in the film The Patriot.
The movie became an epitome of love...of understanding .
The movie moves in every soul who had watch it.... Heath portrays par execellance.

Now. I meet those  rental tapes members of our shop.. they would still ask if  we have Heaths movie.
Or ask me to copy them photographs of Heath from the computer.
In my community. we still have Heaths Wave all over.

I feel the torch that is so warm  with so much love for our boy.
 Like what BBM members had been telling us  from time to time... Heath Ledger. the sweet beautiful boy who has changed many lives in the name of love and understanding ... not only from the movie BBM but from all his interviews.. his aspiring words and beautifully rendered speeches in his movie Brokeback Mountain.

Heath is never forgotten.. not in this planet.

We all love you Heath .
« Last Edit: Feb 25, 2008, 01:50 AM by white_angel »
Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2330 on: Feb 25, 2008, 09:09 AM »

I feel pretty much the same as Lindsey. Michelle, Kristin... all I can say is that I hope you'll stay here, with all my heart. Heath's passing is such a shock and it affects all of us differently, I'm still mourning myself. But to read that you feel so disconnected from the boys... that's hard, and I just want to give you a big hug because as hard as it is for me to hear it, it much be so much harder for you to feel it. Like Lindsey I don't wanna lose this place, it sacres me to think of people leaving... :\'(

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2331 on: Feb 25, 2008, 11:24 AM »
OMG. What can I say? I've never seen such beautiful words from such beautiful people, expressing so many feelings from sorrow to love.

Michelle, Kristin, my heart aches for you, and for all of us that are still struggling with how to fit this reality and our feelings about it into our hearts and minds as we go forward.

Tammy, such encouragement from someone who has had so much trouble processing her own grief is just incredible to me.

Lindsey and Keren, your love and support, well, I'm just blown away.

And to all of you who have posted such supportive, loving, and understanding things, with words that I could never have conjured up, I'm humbled.

What strikes me the most is the environment that allows us to share such raw and difficult emotions, and the amazing safety net of the responses that have been posted, which tells me more than anything that we truly are a family. And a really unique and special family on top of it. And that is so worth holding onto. Our family, the boys that inspired us to come here and open ourselves up like that, the men who brought them to life and gave them to us in such a gracious and inspiring way - these are all worth fighting for, and they are all part of Heath's legacy.

So please don't go down the mountain. As Tammy said, crawl into that old tent, cry for as long as you need to, don't feel like you have to swim in the river or tend to the fire. Just take care of you. And when you're ready, there will always be a warm fire to light your way, and a comfortable place to rest your head. Because, like Jack in his infinite patience, we can wait as long as it takes for your heart to find its way back.

For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2332 on: Feb 25, 2008, 12:01 PM »
OMG. What can I say? I've never seen such beautiful words from such beautiful people, expressing so many feelings from sorrow to love.

Michelle, Kristin, my heart aches for you, and for all of us that are still struggling with how to fit this reality and our feelings about it into our hearts and minds as we go forward.

Tammy, such encouragement from someone who has had so much trouble processing her own grief is just incredible to me.

Lindsey and Keren, your love and support, well, I'm just blown away.

And to all of you who have posted such supportive, loving, and understanding things, with words that I could never have conjured up, I'm humbled.

What strikes me the most is the environment that allows us to share such raw and difficult emotions, and the amazing safety net of the responses that have been posted, which tells me more than anything that we truly are a family. And a really unique and special family on top of it. And that is so worth holding onto. Our family, the boys that inspired us to come here and open ourselves up like that, the men who brought them to life and gave them to us in such a gracious and inspiring way - these are all worth fighting for, and they are all part of Heath's legacy.

So please don't go down the mountain. As Tammy said, crawl into that old tent, cry for as long as you need to, don't feel like you have to swim in the river or tend to the fire. Just take care of you. And when you're ready, there will always be a warm fire to light your way, and a comfortable place to rest your head. Because, like Jack in his infinite patience, we can wait as long as it takes for your heart to find its way back.

now that was really beautiful flwrchild so thoughtful. and your rite about the environment here ive been registered to many forums but this is the first i would ever call a home

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2333 on: Feb 25, 2008, 12:19 PM »
This is one of these days when the pain is too much... I just spent the last hour crying like crazy. My heart is broken because of him and I feel that something is definitely wrong with me because I can't get over it. I feel now like I did when I first found out. Please tell me this is just a nightmare.

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2334 on: Feb 25, 2008, 12:28 PM »
This is one of these days when the pain is too much... I just spent the last hour crying like crazy. My heart is broken because of him and I feel that something is definitely wrong with me because I can't get over it. I feel now like I did when I first found out. Please tell me this is just a nightmare.

i really wish i could. i dont ever forget he's gone but sometimes it feels like a dream too me too but when i think about how sad i am that he is gone and thats were it hits me every time "he's gone" and its forever nothing we can do but wait until it is our time to join him i know my words are not much comfort and they are only a few but i hope you feel better soon.

Offline LuvJackNasty

• Mod-ChickY Brigade
  • Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2335 on: Feb 25, 2008, 12:28 PM »

:ghug: Keren. I don't have much in the way of advice or helpful words because I can't get it right for myself. I know this doesn't help much but I do understand how you are feeling and I don't know if there are words to make it "better".  There's nothing wrong with you and some days are better than others.The initial shock has worn off but as the reality sets in more and more, well that's a whole new stage and in some ways it feels like starting this grieving process all over again. I truly wish I had more to offer than that but I don't.  :ghug:
“What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close, the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."

You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will live as one ~ Imagine- J. Lennon

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2336 on: Feb 25, 2008, 12:30 PM »
I just can't stand it anymore...  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Offline NoReins

• Jack + Ennis
  • Redlined it all the way
« Reply #2337 on: Feb 25, 2008, 12:32 PM »

Oh Keren. I wish there was something I could say, but there isn't really. I feel so bad for all of you who are still hurting so much :-\\

The only thing I can do is be here and send you all one of these :ghug:
He will be eternally missed, but he will never be forgotten

Christopher Nolan, accepting the Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe on Heath's behalf.

He was, as an actor and a professional and a human being, one of a kind

Charles Roven, accepting Heath's BAFTA.

This award tonight would have humbly validated Heath's quiet determination to be truly accepted by you all here — his peers within an industry he so loved.

Kim Ledger, accepting Heath's Oscar.

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2338 on: Feb 25, 2008, 12:34 PM »

i know were your coming from all that pops into my head when i think about not being able to stand it is ennis's phrase "if you cant fix it, you gotta stand it" but thats the thing i cant fix or stand it and the fact i think of ennis really doesnt help me :\'(

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2339 on: Feb 25, 2008, 12:41 PM »
i know were your coming from all that pops into my head when i think about not being able to stand it is ennis's phrase "if you cant fix it, you gotta stand it" but thats the thing i cant fix or stand it and the fact i think of ennis really doesnt help me :\'(

That's just the problem, huh? We can't fix it and we can't stand it. :\'( :\'( Will this pain ever go away?

I'm sorry to bring you down guys, I'll go.