Author Topic: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory  (Read 1731944 times)

Offline Cliffy

• Jack
  • Howdy cowboy!
Re: Heath Ledger - In Loving Memory
« Reply #2190 on: Feb 20, 2008, 12:44 PM »
Time To Say Goodbye

Farewell little angel....

But now.......it's time for his wonderfull smile!

Offline battlestargalactica

• Cassie
« Reply #2191 on: Feb 20, 2008, 12:56 PM »
Still so sad that you are no longer in the living world. I wish your life could have lasted longer and am heartbroken that you went too soon. I never knew you but your tragic death upset me and made me realise how one person can touch so many just by being a gentle, humble and inspirational spirit. Bye Heath, you lived a great life and lived it well and your legacy lives on in your daughter, your work and the people who loved you and who you loved- its the most any of us could ask for when we go...

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #2192 on: Feb 20, 2008, 01:59 PM »
LOVED this video...best tribute vid so far so beautiful.  ^f^ v moving. what is the song you have used? thankyou for sharing this with us. :^^)

It's Empty Room by Sanna Nielsen, I love the song <^(
I'm glad you liked it :) ^f^
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline cowgirlKt!

• Alma
  • brokeback dreaming....
« Reply #2193 on: Feb 20, 2008, 02:21 PM »
It's Empty Room by Sanna Nielsen, I love the song <^(
I'm glad you liked it :) ^f^

Thanks for letting me know!! ^f^

Offline megalyn08

• Jack
  • "I love you until the end of time"
« Reply #2194 on: Feb 20, 2008, 03:41 PM »
Hello BBM family,
this is Megalyn08, I joined you just a few days ago.
First, sorry for my defective English, please feel free to correct me if you want.
I lighted a candle for Heath to say how sorrowful I am for him. I'm sure I'll never forget that morning: January 23, exactly 4 weeks ago, my boyfriend phones me and tells:"Heard the bad news? Heath Ledger has died."
Has died?!?! Heath Ledger?!?! I'll be damned!!!!  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(
Even now, after nearly a month, I have a hard time believing it, my mind just refuses it.
It was a dreadful shock for me. For 2 days I was too stunned, I wasn't even able to cry, just repeating on my mind :"It's a nightmare, isn't it? It must be a nightmare."
At the end, during the second night, I cried. I cried for Heath/Ennis, for his family, for his friends, for Michelle, for little Matilda, and for me too.
He and Jake made me feel such strong and deep emotions, he was so young and talented, he still had so much to give us through his characters......How is possible he's passed away?!?! How could be happened such a tragedy?!?!
I feel like a beloved friend of mine has died, because actually he was. Of course, in a different way than he was to his friend and family in real life, but with the same strength. He talked with us through emotions.
He was, no, he is our beloved Ennis Del Mar. He left a terrible void, although from now on there's a new star up in heaven. I'll never forget him, be sure of this.
If this tragedy had to happen, I prefer being among those who mourn him rather than among those who don't know him at all: mourning him now means that I've met him in some way (BBM and more), and I feel my own life has been blessed by having met his and Jake's path.
What does it remain of him, nothing but ashes? No, ocean isn't big enough for such a great soul.
It remains his smile, the light into his eyes, and his soul, like many little stars within the characters he played.
Miss you, cowboy.

Love from Megalyn08
You know, it could be like this, just like this, always.

babytammy7

« Reply #2195 on: Feb 20, 2008, 04:49 PM »
Hello BBM family,
First, sorry for my defective English, please feel free to correct me if you want.
I lighted a candle for Heath to say how sorrowful I am for him. I'm sure I'll never forget that morning: January 23, exactly 4 weeks ago, my boyfriend phones me and tells:"Heard the bad news? Heath Ledger has died."
Has died?!?! Heath Ledger?!?! I'll be damned!!!!  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(  :\'(
Even now, after nearly a month, I have a hard time believing it, my mind just refuses it.
It was a dreadful shock for me. For 2 days I was too stunned, I wasn't even able to cry, just repeating on my mind :"It's a nightmare, isn't it? It must be a nightmare."
At the end, during the second night, I cried. I cried for Heath/Ennis, for his family, for his friends, for Michelle, for little Matilda, and for me too.
He and Jake made me feel such strong and deep emotions, he was so young and talented, he still had so much to give us through his characters......How is possible he's passed away?!?! How could be happened such a tragedy?!?!
I feel like a beloved friend of mine has died, because actually he was. Of course, in a different way than he was to his friend and family in real life, but with the same strength. He talked with us through emotions.
He was, no, he is our beloved Ennis Del Mar. He left a terrible void, although from now on there's a new star up in heaven. I'll never forget him, be sure of this.
If this tragedy had to happen, I prefer being among those who mourn him rather than among those who don't know him at all: mourning him now means that I've met him in some way (BBM and more), and I feel my own life has been blessed by having met his and Jake's path.
What does it remain of him, nothing but ashes? No, ocean isn't big enough for such a great soul.
It remains his smile, the light into his eyes, and his soul, like many little stars within the characters he played.

Miss you, cowboy.

Love from Megalyn08

Megalyn  :ghug: You've made me cry so bad. That's a beautiful and touching post, sweetie.  :\'(  :\'(  :\'( We understand you so well; we're all on the same boat. Still It's so hard to believe.
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2008, 05:21 PM by Baby Tammy »

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #2196 on: Feb 20, 2008, 04:55 PM »
Hello Magalyn  :)

Your post was beautiful  :\'(
Your english was great too, by the way  O0

I have to say that I had the same emotions as you did after his death
My mom told me and my stomach dropped and I started to shake
How could a man who was so lovely, kind-hearted, pure soul die?
I just can't believe that it's almost been a month now...
I ask myself the same question you did, "This HAS to be a nightmare"
To this day, I can't seem to grasp that he is finally gone and every time I watch movies I feel that he's still with us, smiling, enjoying his life with his family and espically with his daughter
I think that's what gets me the most, he HAD something to live for and he didn't mean to leave us
It was just an accident..accident? A hard word to swallow
Yes, he was our friend, not in person, but in all of our hearts
A man who embaced life and loved everyone he was with
I'm thankful as well for all he gave us
He will never be forgotton, I know this as well

Thank you Megalyn for your post and I hope you'll become a permanant part of our BBM family

Lis

Hello BBM family,

Miss you, cowboy.

Love from Megalyn08
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline white_angel

• Alma
  • You're the only one for me, Heath Ledger
« Reply #2197 on: Feb 20, 2008, 06:58 PM »

Miss you, cowboy.

Love from Megalyn08

Your message touched me deeply, thank you Megalyn. it eases the pain of losing him somehow.
Can't take my eyes off of you Heath.

Offline Matt Nasty

• formerly zankou1991
  • Jack + Ennis
  • I LOVE JAKE
« Reply #2198 on: Feb 20, 2008, 07:18 PM »
what can i say. heath is my idol him and jake are some of the only guys i know that are like me in the way that they are straight but accept everyone regardless of sexual orientation. this guy was not just a good guy he was a saint he only film ive seen with him in all the way through was BBM and i seen that after his death but i think we will never forget him

Offline FlwrChild

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2199 on: Feb 20, 2008, 08:56 PM »
Beautiful posts. :ghug:

He will indeed never be forgotten by those whose hearts he touched.
For a moment in our lives. Forever in our hearts.

"They were respectful of each other’s opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected." ~ BBM Short Story

There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind. The second way is to be kind. The third way is to be kind. (Mister Rogers)

Offline guyinjax

• musician
  • Lureen
  • Ennis Del Mar is my hero
« Reply #2200 on: Feb 20, 2008, 10:37 PM »
I've been called many things ... even by people who mean what they say!

My favorite thing that I've been called is "simple-minded."

I can live with that.  So here's something simple-minded:

Annie Proulx's words are amazing; her characters tear and tug at our hearts.

But (with all due respect to Ms. Proulx) Ennis del Mar was an idea on a page made of ink and pulp until Heath Ledger breathed.
And now, thanks to Heath Ledger's artistic integrity, we all know who Ennis del Mar is.

My tribute:  ... simple:  Thank you, Mr. Ledger. 

PS... If the Academy Awards doesn't do something big ... and I mean BIG in a Wyoming BIG kind of way ... for Heath/Ennis ... well, I'll be disappointed.  Deeply disappointed.

I expect something big and amazing.  Heath and Ennis deserve that.

Ennis Del Mar is my hero!

Offline BBBOY

• Brokeback Junkie
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Ya know I ain't straight Me neither
« Reply #2201 on: Feb 20, 2008, 11:33 PM »
I've been called many things ... even by people who mean what they say!

My favorite thing that I've been called is "simple-minded."

I can live with that.  So here's something simple-minded:

Annie Proulx's words are amazing; her characters tear and tug at our hearts.

But (with all due respect to Ms. Proulx) Ennis del Mar was an idea on a page made of ink and pulp until Heath Ledger breathed.
And now, thanks to Heath Ledger's artistic integrity, we all know who Ennis del Mar is.

My tribute:  ... simple:  Thank you, Mr. Ledger. 

I second you my friend. Ennis Delmar lives because of Heath.
There was some open space between what he knew and what he tried to believe, but nothing could be done about it, and if you can't fix it you've got to stand it.

Ennis, riding against the wind back to the sheep in the treacherous, drunken darken light, thought he'd never had such a good time, felt he could paw the white out of the moon.

Offline bnjmn3

• Jack
  • BBM: The Best Picture Show
« Reply #2202 on: Feb 20, 2008, 11:54 PM »

Cliffy's video tribute to a smiling Heath is exactly what I needed!
What joy! Thank you!
We can't change it. We will have to stand it.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #2203 on: Feb 21, 2008, 12:44 AM »
Hello BBM family,
Miss you, cowboy.

Love from Megalyn08

This is so beautiful...and welcome to you, megalyn.  Yes, this is a good place to be, to be together to mourn our Heath.  I love what you said, that he was a friend of ours...

It was yesterday for me, Tuesday around noon, four weeks ago, just a random moment at work when one of my co-workers buzzed me and told me.  Just a Tuesday, just a random time, a random person telling me...and after that, nothing is quite the same...

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline ksxks

• Jack + Ennis
  • brokeback got us good
« Reply #2204 on: Feb 21, 2008, 12:55 AM »

But now.......it's time for his wonderfull smile!

Cliffy -- thank you!!  Absolutely delightful, just the thing.  I had a big smile on my face the whole time watching it.  And thank you also for putting in the dancing scenes -- oh man, do I love Heath dancing!

His wonderful smile, indeed.

kathy
They were respectful of each other's opinions, each glad to have a companion where none had been expected.

Offline white_angel

• Alma
« Reply #2205 on: Feb 21, 2008, 03:13 AM »
This is a photograph of young Heath at probably 6 years old.
See the striking resemblance of his daughter Matilda Rose Ledger.
.. and his father Kim Ledger.

Young Heath was with his father. grandfather and great grandfather.

« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2008, 09:58 PM by white_angel »

Offline white_angel

• Alma
« Reply #2206 on: Feb 21, 2008, 03:32 AM »

My Dear,

My tears and my sorrow for missing you will never bring you back to us..
But it is our heart that aches  and all our sorrows remain....
I am wanting to find the reasons why you leave..
  when you have our hearts  and love ....

Will I ever see those smile?
Will I ever see those eyes.. those lips?

Wish I was there. to protect you and love you.
Wish I was there .

Offline white_angel

• Alma
« Reply #2207 on: Feb 21, 2008, 04:43 AM »

Heath left Matilda's footprints in Brooklyn.

« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2008, 09:57 PM by white_angel »

Offline hpv

• Jack + Ennis
  • Anything interesting up there in heaven?
« Reply #2208 on: Feb 21, 2008, 08:41 AM »

What joy! Thank you!
Oh, yes, joy indeed.... thank you for posting, it's so heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time!!!  <^(
"What Jack remembered and craved in a way he could neither help nor understand was the time that distant summer on Brokeback when Ennis had come up behind him and pulled him close,the silent embrace satisfying some shared and sexless hunger."
"I miss you so much I can hardly stand it."

Offline Tony

• Jack
« Reply #2209 on: Feb 21, 2008, 12:05 PM »
    Here we are, a month later, still trying to come to terms with this strange theft, this early end to Heath Ledger's life.  I find it hard just to
use his last name, as, for these weeks, it has always been, just....Heath.
    We all got hit in different ways, and that has shown up in our responses.  For me, I had little interest in his acting career, and even separated
him, in my mind, from BBM.  Heath was, to me, a good guy, with normal faults, but with an unusual lack of cruelty or spite, 2 characteristics
which are rampant in the world today.  I have zero problems with saying I loved Heath, as he was, for me, the combination of many types of
goodness or warmth I had seen in more ordinary people, all put together in one person.
   Am rambling, but whatever I had thought about him became all the more confirmed in the deluge of information following his death.  Even the
so-called "bad" stuff, was of so little consequence that it just fleshed him out as a more vulnerable and therefore, lovable soul.
  I do not like some of the contradictory information out there.  Some reports he never studied acting, when I had read he very definitely
had a long-term acting coach in method acting.  And something bugging me very much, that the N. Y. police refuse to give out the time of
death.  I don't like that because the director who spoke to him the night before called to wake him, as per agreement, fairly early, and the
housekeeper said he was snoring, at noon.  I really don't like the time-line they have given.
 Even so, the reponse, here, has been a river of love.  Some of the poems, in particular, I never would have seen, and they were powerful.
Well, am not having a relapse.  Am just saying what I feel, one month later.  It's all wrong.  And we have to live with this.  Sorry for rambling-
it's not easy for any of us.  Maybe some others feel near to how I feel, right now, and so, posting is not a mistake.

Offline keren_b

• Jack + Ennis
  • There will never be another Heath
« Reply #2210 on: Feb 21, 2008, 12:36 PM »
I miss him so much.
The truth is... sometimes I miss you so much I can hardly stand it.

Offline cowgirlKt!

• Alma
  • brokeback dreaming....
« Reply #2211 on: Feb 21, 2008, 12:51 PM »
Hello BBM family,
Miss you, cowboy.

Love from Megalyn08

:h) welcome to the board. On here you will find such love, warmth and support and a general sense of togetherness of our love for BBM the film that caught our hearts attention, and of course now Heaths untimely passing. :\'(  Your post was lovely and yes "theres a new star up in heaven"  #)  Thankyou for sharing your feelings with us, how you have been effected. It still is so hard to take in and i know exactly how you are feeling and what you mean in your post as will everyone else on the board. Hope you enjoy this site as much as i have so far.  ^f^

Offline Emzan

• Jack + Ennis
  • I Miss You My Beautiful Baby
« Reply #2212 on: Feb 21, 2008, 02:21 PM »
I was listening to some westlife songs and then I heard this

If only you could see the tears in the world you left behind
If only you could heal my heart just one more time
Even when I close my eyes
There's an image of your face
And once again I come to realise
You're a loss I can't replace

:\'(
Nuke the EFF on!!

Offline Lis

• BBM Addict for Life
  • Jack + Ennis
  • Heath, we swear...
« Reply #2213 on: Feb 21, 2008, 02:29 PM »

I miss him so much.

Oh Keren, I do too.  :ghug:

It seems like Jack's line in BBM hits even harder for me now:

"Sometimes I miss you so much, I can hardly stand it"
"The day I stop having fun, I'll just walk away." -- Heath Ledger

"For a moment in our lives, forever in our hearts." -- Heath Ledger, 1/22/08

"In the dark, I really felt like I could escape to anywhere.
To a place where anything could happen at any time.
Where chaos could reign but the world would never end."
-- Noah Mayer

As the World Turns -- April 2, 1956 - September 17, 2010

Offline jessi

• Jack
  • Till sunrise runs out of paint, even after...
« Reply #2214 on: Feb 21, 2008, 03:00 PM »
A list sib on a site said, when it was suggested we move on with our BBM story discussion (which I thought was a pretty good idea) that we can put the awful incidence behind us and move on.  I'm sure each person suffers loss, great or small, their own way, but I've never been able to do that, put it behind.  Even my beloved pets are still in me part of me.  Not being able to see and hug, talk, dear Lord talking to my sister, I'll always have tears wanting to so bad, but she is still here, part of my world.  We are a sum of who we were, who we've known, where we've been...  Heath is in my world, he will never be left behind but part of my whole, part of what makes the sun warm and summer nights soft.  He gave me some of the best of my times, his loss wouldn't have been such a tragedy for me if his life hadn't been so rich and dear.  Life sucks and this was ultimate unfair and wrong, but he was still a most treasured gift.

jessi
I'm like one tiny insignificant star,
where your wonder shines on.

No thunder, not a storm
just rain, soft as tears wetting a cheek,
wiped with the ground. Mountain, heart stomped,
moans.

Offline Raisa

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2215 on: Feb 21, 2008, 03:13 PM »
Rest in peace, Heath baby

”It is said some lives are linked across time. Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages. Destiny.”

Prince of Persia
---------------------
"Jack, I swear -"  he said, though Jack had never asked him to swear anything and was himself not the swearing kind.

Offline christie wood

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2216 on: Feb 21, 2008, 03:37 PM »

Oh Carmilla, that's beautiful.  What a wonderful way to keep Heath in your heart.  ^f^
"Look at my boots, old and dingy" - Heath Ledger

Offline Raisa

• Jack + Ennis
« Reply #2217 on: Feb 21, 2008, 04:00 PM »
 Oh yes, I went to my local cemetery yesterday and lighted a candle for Heath in the place what is meant to the candles and messages to those who are buried elsewhere. It was snowing and the day was turning to the dark in the afternoon. The place was so quiet and beautiful.
”It is said some lives are linked across time. Connected by an ancient calling that echoes through the ages. Destiny.”

Prince of Persia
---------------------
"Jack, I swear -"  he said, though Jack had never asked him to swear anything and was himself not the swearing kind.

babytammy7

« Reply #2218 on: Feb 21, 2008, 04:36 PM »

What joy! Thank you!

I smiled through tears the whole time. Thank you so much for this.  ^f^

babytammy7

« Reply #2219 on: Feb 21, 2008, 04:38 PM »

That's so beautiful Raisa!!! You did a very sweet and precious thing.  <^(  <^(  <^( Thank you for doing this for Heath.